The MAHLE Group: One of the world's leading automotive suppliers
The work of the MAHLE FOUNDATION is made possible by the economic success of the MAHLE Group, whose founders Hermann and Dr. Ernst Mahle transferred their company shares in 1964 to the non-profit Foundation. Since then, the combination of economic success and social responsibility has shaped the work of the Group and Foundation.
The Group took its beginnings in 1920 when Hermann Mahle joined the company "Versuchsbau Hellmuth Hirth" in Stuttgart. Two years later Ernst Mahle also joined the business, and another ten years later the brothers finally became the sole shareholders of the company. In 1938 they renamed the company MAHLE KG and introduced the logo which is still used today as the company sign. In the following years the company grew steadily thanks to numerous technical innovations.
Today MAHLE is a leading international development partner and supplier to the automotive industry. The technology group is now broadly positioned in the areas of powertrain technology and thermal management with a clear focus on future topics relating to mobility. As part of its dual strategy, MAHLE is working both on the intelligent combustion engine for the use of hydrogen and other nonfossil fuels and on technologies that will help the fuel cell and e-mobility achieve broad acceptance in the markets. The product portfolio of the company, addresses all the crucial aspects of the powertrain and air conditioning technology. Half of all vehicles in the world now contain MAHLE components. #weshapefuturemobility In 2022, MAHLE generated sales of EUR 12.4 billion, is represented in 29 countries with nearly 72,000 employees in 152 production locations and 12 major research and development centers.
For more information about the MAHLE Group, please visit: www.mahle.com